SocArXiv, open archive of the social sciences, provides a free, non-profit, open access platform for social scientists to upload working papers, preprints, and published papers, with the option to link data and code. SocArXiv is dedicated to opening up social science, to reach more people more effectively, to improve research, and build the future of scholarly communication.
- Upload a paper now using the web interface.
- Browse or search SocArXiv on OSF | Preprints
- Visit the FAQ page to find out more.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates, email to get involved, check out our YouTube videos, or make a contribution through the University of Maryland.
SocArXiv is housed at the University of Maryland, and is directed by a steering committee of sociologists and members of the research library community. They are:
- Elizabeth Popp Berman, sociologist, University at Albany SUNY
- Chris Bourg, director of libraries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Neal Caren, sociologist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Philip N. Cohen, sociologist, University of Maryland, College Park
- Tressie McMillan Cottom, sociologist, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Tina Fetner, sociologist, McMaster University
- Dan Hirschman, sociologist, Brown University
- Rebecca Kennison, K|N Consultants
- Judy Ruttenberg, program officer, Association of Research Libraries
SocArXiv is supported by grants from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and Open Society Foundations.
arXiv is a trademark of Cornell University, used under license.