SocArXiv, open archive of the social sciences, provides a free, non-profit, open access platform for social scientists to upload working papers, preprints, and published papers, with the option to link data and code. SocArXiv is dedicated to opening up social science, to reach more people more effectively, to improve research, and build the future of scholarly communication.
- Upload a paper, browse or search.
- Visit the FAQ page to find out more.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates, email to get involved, check out our YouTube videos, or make a contribution through the University of Maryland.
SocArXiv is part of the University of Maryland, and is directed by a steering committee of social scientists and members of the research library community. They are:
- Elizabeth Popp Berman, sociologist, University at Albany SUNY
- Chris Bourg, director of libraries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Philip N. Cohen, sociologist, University of Maryland, College Park
- Tressie McMillan Cottom, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Brittany Dernberger, sociologist, University of Maryland, College Park
- Kelsey Drotning, sociologist, University of Maryland, College Park
- Alex Hanna, sociologist
- Rebecca Kennison, K|N Consultants
- Omar Lizardo, sociologist, University of California, Los Angeles
- Katy Morris, Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Lausanne
- Terry Owen, Scholarly Communications Librarian, University of Maryland, College Park
- Jeff Pooley, media and communication, Muhlenberg College
- Judy Ruttenberg, program officer, Association of Research Libraries
- Alexis Santos, population health scientist, Pennsylvania State University
SocArXiv has been supported by grants from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the Open Society Foundations, as well as the libraries at the University of Maryland, the University of California, Los Angeles, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
arXiv is a trademark of Cornell University, used under license.
Papers submitted to SocArXiv are moderated by a team of dedicated volunteers. Our moderators are:
- Nate Breznau, Social Science, University of Bremen. crowdid.hypotheses.org.
- Tristan Bridges, Associate Professor of Sociology, University of California, Santa Barbara. tristanbridges.com.
- Philip N. Cohen, Professor of Sociology, University of Maryland, College Park. philipncohen.com.
- Roxanne Connelly, Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Quantitative Methods, University of Edinburgh. https://www.sps.ed.ac.uk/staff/roxanne-connelly
- Matt DeCarlo, Assistant Professor, La Salle University Department of Social Work; Co-founder, opensocialwork.org
- Tamara van der Does, Postdoctoral researcher, Santa Fe Institute, Sociology and Psychology. tamaravanderdoes.com/.
- Brittany Dernberger. brittanydernberger.com/.
- Pamela Oliver, Professor Emerita of Sociology, University of Wisconsin – Madison. ssc.wisc.edu/~oliver.
- Jefferson Pooley, Muhlenberg College. jeffpooley.com.
- Patrick Präg, Centre de Recherche en Économie et Statistique (CREST), CNRS, École polytechnique, GENES, ENSAE Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris. sites.google.com/view/ppraeg/.
- Eike Mark Rinke, Lecturer in Politics and Media, University of Leeds. essl.leeds.ac.uk/politics/staff/1073/dr-eike-mark-rinke